Tuesday, August 23, 2022

"Foster's Miscellany, Volume 1" now available for sale

As mentioned in my last post, I decided to compile the various little house rule and addition tidbits that have accumulated over the last two years since The Heroic Legendarium manuscript was completed into a 20 page pdf which is now officially available at DriveThruRPG as PWYW, under the title Foster's Miscellany, Volume I. No print option because it's only 20 pages (and only 16 of them are actual content), and probably nothing new to anybody who's been reading and downloading content from this blog, but hopefully still worth a look for anyone who liked the Heroic Legendarium (or hasn't bought it yet but would like a cheap preview - about half of the new book is Play Aids that combine HL data alongside the original canon data (class and race info, equipment lists, weapon stats) for convenience at the table.

Since it's PWYW I went ahead and made the preview the entire thing, so you can see what you'll be getting if you purchase it. 

The big adventure-campaign book is still coming eventually (progress has been slow the last month or so but I haven't given up, I swear!) but I figured this was a nice little interim thing which will hopefully be of at least a bit of interest to some folks and will also (hopefully) suffice to get me off of DriveThruRPG's "second class citizen" list where they consign publishers who've only released one title. It also allowed me an opportunity to make a little tribute on to dedication page my dad, who passed away last week, following my mom by just over 13 months (and was an easier way to keep my mind occupied than trying to be creative).

Anyway, I hope y'all will take a look and maybe find at least one or two things that you'll find worth using in your 1E/OSRIC games.

6 comments:

  1. FYI: there is no preview at Drivethru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Preview should be working correctly now.

      Delete
    2. Bryce? That you??

      Delete
    3. Looks great, and dedicated to your dad too. Congratulations Trent!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Bastard sword bonus under weapon vs AC simplification system only applicable for 2-handed use, or under all circumstances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My take is that bastard swords used one-handed count as long swords for everything but weight (see Note 6 on the weapon table), which includes simplified weapon vs AC.

      Delete